Developing an attitude of gratitude is one of the best things you can do for your soul. When you embrace gratitude you bring a feeling of peace, love and happiness into your life.
You’ll find that you emit a vibration of happiness that is so contagious others around you will feel it.
Here’s how you can begin …
1. You will find more happiness when you become aware of what is positive and good in your life.
If you find yourself complaining, remember that it only brings a sense of frustration or anger. Positive people are happy because they aren’t spending their energy dwelling on all the things that went wrong. They are searching for what can be improved.
2. You will attract more of what you want in your life when you take time to find something to be grateful for.
What you focus on expands. If you are looking for things to complain about, you will find plenty. Instead, if you look for the things you want in your life, that is what you will find.
3. Keep a gratefulness journal to keep track of things you are thankful for to bring your awareness to them.
Keeping a gratitude journal (even Oprah keeps one) will put your focus on the things you want in life that you already have. Usually when you ask someone what they want in life, they answer with the things that they don’t have. Wouldn’t it be great to want the things you already have?
4. Embrace the energy of gratitude and others will notice how happy you seem.
Try this little experiment. Put a smile in your eyes as you go shopping by thinking of all the thinks you are thankful for. People will treat you differently (better) when they get the sense that you appreciate them.
5. Writing down what you are grateful for right before going to sleep will remind you of everything you already have.
It doesn’t matter how big or how small – when you appreciate the things you have it will improve your mood. Today I am grateful for:
- A good friend called unexpectedly.
- A cool breeze through the open window.
- A delicious piece of dark chocolate.
6. When you are feeling sad or frustrated think of something you are grateful for – there is always something.
This is where your gratitude journal comes in handy. Open it up and see what you have written so you can remember what is important to you. This perspective goes a long way towards feeling more positive and energetic. These gratitude quotes might bring you some inspiration (they do for me).
7. When you notice what you are grateful for, you will refocus your energy and thoughts towards the positive.
Cultivating an attitude of gratitude is all about self-talk. Notice what you are saying to yourself and whether it is positive or negative. Use affirmations to turn negative self talk around. Here are two affirmations to get you started:
- I appreciate who I am and what I have.
- Each day is a new beginning. A fresh start.
Big humdinger hugs,
p.s. This is just one of the many healthy lifestyle tips we dive deep into in our Happy, Healthy Fit (private group). Just so you know, it's NEVER too late to join if you haven’t already!
Eating healthy just isn't enough, you know?